- 1 Tbsp. vegetable stock
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 carrots, finely shredded
- Pinch sea salt
- 26 ounces favorite oil-free marinara sauce
- Pinch red pepper flake
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium zucchini, rinsed and both ends sliced off
- Heat a large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add vegetable stock, shallot, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly softened and fragrant. Turn down heat if browning.
- Add carrots and a pinch of salt and stir. Cook for 3-4 minutes more, then add marinara sauce and stir to coat.
- Add red pepper flake, basil, oregano, coconut sugar, water, and lentils. Increase heat slightly and bring mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat to low/medium-low and continue cooking until lentils are tender – stirring occasionally – about 17-20 minutes. Add a bit more water if mixture gets too thick.
- Once lentils are cooked, taste and adjust seasonings as needed,
While the sauce is cooking, Spiralize your zucchini into noodles using a tool such as a spiralizer or veggie Bullet.
Sauce will keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days, or in the freezer 1 month.
Parmesan “cheese” recipe
- 3 Tbsp. (9 g) nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup (90 g) raw cashews
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix/pulse until a fine meal is achieved. Store in the refrigerator to keep fresh. Lasts for several weeks.