Complement Protein



Product Description

But… what I found when I looked around at the plant-based protein options was appalling.

For one, they didn’t taste anything like real food — always either sweetened with pure sugar or a “natural” sweetener like stevia or monkfruit that, to me, tastes anything but natural.

As I dug deeper, it got worse. There are no requirements for clarity on supplement labels, and I heard whispers of brands that advertise “complete protein blends” while actually using 99% of the cheapest protein and only “blend” the others into the remaining 1%.

Then, I learned that the heavy metal content — arsenic, cadmium, and lead — in many of the popular brands is downright scary.

The last thing I’d want is to think I’m doing something to help my kids perform at their best, while actually exposing them to dangerous carcinogens, every single day.

Why, I wondered, is it so hard to find a clean plant-based protein?

It’s not like we’re looking for a mega-dose of protein here. Just a moderate amount to give me the peace of mind that their plant-based diet is actually an advantage in sports, not the opposite.

There had to be a better way.

And this, as you might have guessed, is what led me to do what I’ve done with Complement and Complement Plus before this — to work with the No Meat Athlete audience to create a better product than what existed before.

That’s how Complement Protein — a cleaner, safer, simpler plant-based protein, and one I can feel good about giving to my family — was born.