I recently had the opportunity to join a group of people who are changing my life. I joined the Genius Network, led by the amazing Joe Polish, a dead-broke carpet cleaner living on credit cards 20 years ago who now runs the highest level executive organization in the world.
At my initial meeting in November, I volunteered to give a 10-minute talk that could offer a group of entrepreneurs at least one idea worth $250,000 to their careers. I gave a talk entitled “Dead Execs Don’t Get Bonuses” describing the importance of receiving the highest level of heart care so as not to be a victim to the number one killer of business leaders.
My thought was that if I could help some of them live and work longer and more effectively, the return to them would be at least 10 times the stated monetary goal.
That talk was so well received that it’s now a book of the same name in order to make the information available to all. It only costs 99 cents, and includes several free bonus materials. A health care executive read it yesterday and sent me his top 13 quotes from the book, which I’ll share with you here.
1. “The current practices for the detection of silent heart artery disease, the number one killer in the Western world (including the number one killer of executives), leave much to be desired and improved upon.”
2. “Remember, the initial sign of vascular disease in 50% of people is sudden death, so don’t delay.”
3. “Make no mistake, the common lifestyle habits such as smoking, eating processed foods, gaining weight, skipping exercise and excessive stress with poor management skills and subsequent poor sleep are the main factors to blame.”
4. “If you are one of those vulnerable to some of the less obvious heart attack risk factors, which can be measured and modified, wouldn’t you want to know?”
5. “I told her words like diabetes, arthritis, obesity and hypertension were diagnoses that fit neatly into billing codes and research papers but they were not causes.”
6. “Behavioral change is motivated not by knowledge alone, but also by supportive social environment and the availability of facilitative services.”
7. “Weight is not a behavioral habit, but is rather a combination of calories in, calories out, genetic inputs, cultural forces, the health of your intestinal ‘microbiome,’ stress and other factors.”
8. “Lifestyle medicine is the most powerful and proven way to avoid falling over the waterfall into the abyss below and requiring the acute medical care medical system which may successfully rescue you and patch you back together with the marvels of modern medicine.”
9. “Without question, emotions can have impact on the heart. Why do we smoke? Why do we skip workouts? Why do we reach for French fries when we know they are a fast track to disease and death? Often the answer is poor stress management. Stress can kill.”
10. “Heart attacks can be prevented over 90% of the time by managing your lifestyle as well as you manage your business.”
11. “It is never too late to change, and change should start today.”
12. “A bulletproof heart is not a fantasy.”
13. “A person with good health has 1,000 dreams while a person with poor health has only one dream.”
It sometimes takes a while to find your passion and focus, but I’ve found mine. I want to help a million people avoid a heart attack. This isn’t far-fetched at all. There are hundreds of thousands of heart attacks, many fatal, occurring in the United States alone each year.
Many studies have concluded that 80% to 90% of heart disease can be preventedwith early detection and lifestyle intervention. We can reach this goal together in a very short time span.
Help me to accomplish this by sharing this e-book with your friends, relatives, or co-workers. We live in amazing times, but we can only enjoy them if we’re alive. It’s possible to live a heart disease-free life, and it’s possible right now.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
Originally posted on MindBodyGreen.com